Friday, May 6, 2011

Some Long Awaited Progress

We were able to get to the welder with the correct parts this time! We ended up with the original spindle that was sourced from the broken turntable and a piece of all thread. The hard part with this was getting them to be as centered as they could be.

Being that they are all different diameters, welding them was less than a perfect science. We got one piece at a time on and he tacked them, then we straightened them as much as we could and then secured everything.

It is mostly straight, but we cannot be sure until we get everything in place and spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment