Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Quick Diversion to My Marantz 140 Power Amp

I picked this amp up about 5 or 6 weeks ago at a local Goodwill and was unable to test it. I had plugged it in and nothing lit up, but I could hear the "all clear" relay switch and nothing smoked, so I figured it was worth the risk.

When I got it home, Jeff and I fired it up and it was working rather well. The volume controls were clean and smooth and the output was even and sounded great.

We took it apart and cleaned it inside and out. We pulled the bulbs out of the meters and all 4 of them were blown. This was actually a relief because I was concerned that something else was wrong that they were all out.

I ordered a set of replacements online and we just popped them in and closed it back up!

One of the easier, catch-free jobs we have had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment